The Holston Electric Cooperative, located in Rogersville, with electricity provided by the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority), serves the electrical needs of Hawkins County. Incentives are available for new and expanding industries that meet certain demand criteria. For more information, visit Holston Electric's website or call 423-272-8821.
- The average industrial rate for electricity in Tennessee is one of the top ten lowest in the United States.
- TVA's power mix as of 2012 is 11 coal-powered plants, 29 hydroelectric dams, three nuclear power plants (with six operating reactors), nine simple cycle natural gas plants, and five combined cycle gas plants.
- TVA is one of the largest operators of electric transmission in the US with an approximately 16,000-mile (26,000 km) corridor of transmission (13,000 miles (21,000 km) of which is greater than 161kv).
Hawkins County Gas Utility, located in Rogersville, with natural gas from the East Tennessee Pipeline serves the county's natural gas needs. Hawkins County Gas Utility is a non-profit utility that serves only Hawkins County. For more information, visit the Hawkins County Gas Utility District website or call: Rogersville 432-272-8841 or Mount Carmel 423-357-8585.
- The utility district provides both natural gas and liquified propane gas (LPG) to over 8,500 homes, businesses, and industries. The District has annual sales of over 8000,000,000 cubic feet of natural gas and 7000,000 gallons of LPG.
- Hawkins County gas utility currently has two city-gate stations through which it receives all of its gas. These taps are located on either side of TVA's John Sevier Combine Cycle Plant. However, one tap only serves the Bulls Gap community and does not connect the utility's main distribution system. The utility is working on plans to build a new city-gate station to provide additional service to its main distribution system and loop its high pressure system to provide redundancy and insure reliable uninterrupted serve to all of its customers.
- East Tennessee Natural Gas, owned by Spectra Energy (S&P 500 Company), is the gas transmission pipeline that provides transport and gas storage service to Hawkins County Gas. East Tennessee Natural Gas in turn has direct interconnects with Tennessee Gas Pipeline, Texas Eastern Transmission Pipeline, Columbia Gulf Transmission, Transcontinental Gas Pipeline (Transco), Southern Natural Gas (Sonat), and Midwestern Gas Transmission. This allows Hawkins County Gas to access gas producers from the gulf coast areas of Texas and Louisiana, the Appalachian areas of Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virgina, to the shale gas in the Northeast Area of the United States.
- East Tennessee Natural Gas can deliver 1.75 billion cubic feet of gas per day. Hawkins County Gas current has enough capacity on East Tennessee Natural Gas to transport and provide 10.4 million cubic feet of gas per day to its customers.
- Hawkins County Gas also maintains two LPG terminals with seventeen 30,000 gallon propane tanks. This allows the utility to store up to 422,500 gallons of LPG. One terminal is located just south of Rogersville and the other is located in Church Hill. The Church Hill terminal has rail capacity.
Water and Wastewater
Sewer disposal is privided within the city limits of Rogersville and Church Hill by city maintained sewage systems. For more information, visit the Hawkins County Government website or call: Rogersville 423-272-2540 or Church Hill 432-357-6161
Mid-Hawkins County Utility District
|Mt. Carmel Wastewater
PO Box 1421
Mt. Carmel, TN
|Lakeview Utility District
PO Box 99
Rogersville, TN 37857
Surgoinsville Utility District
|First Utility District of Hawkins County
PO Box 8
Church Hill, TN 37642
|Rogersville Water Commission
1616 East Main Street
Rogersville, TN 37857
We have two internet providers for Hawkins County: